Accessing this.dashboard from a callback

Dan

Apr 18, 2018, 7:17:07 AM4/18/18
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been following Francesco's great guide here:

Which includes some generic webdetails code for calling Sparkl endpoints.

This works great - but now I want to tie in a dashboard change once an endpoint succeeds.  Unfortunately if I use this.dashboard.fireChange in a success callback it doesnt know anything about this.dashboard and is undefined.

Is there any way around this?

How else would you handle visual confirmation of the success via a callback?

(The thread includes a discussion about using a button component, even if you do that you still have the same problem, it's still a separate success callback which knows nothing about this.dashboard)

Thanks,
Dan

Pedro Vale

Jun 26, 2018, 10:46:30 AM6/26/18
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

Hey Dan.

I was doing some testing here and the button component success callback works fine in require.js dashboards. You can do this.dashboard.fireChange from the success callback and it will work.

Yeah, I know you sent this out ages ago, sorry for that.

PEDRO VALE

VP Of Engineering for Pentaho Data Integration and Business Analytics Platform

Hitachi Vantara

/Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2084704420

t: +351 214 870 076

e: pedro...@HitachiVantara.com

Taguspark - Av. Prof. Cavaco Silva, nº1 - Ed. Qualidade C2 3rd floor, 2740-296 Oeiras, Portugal

Follow Hitachi Vantara

www.HitachiVantara.com | community.HitachiVantara.com

/Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1989327004/Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_280418783 /Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_573087905 /Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2077081240

/Users/pvale/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1650293893