date of deletion in SCD2 dimension PDI 7.0

Bénédicte TOURE

Dec 27, 2017, 8:27:21 AM12/27/17
to Pentaho Community
Hi,

I use PDI 7.0,
how to insert the date of deletion of a record in my SCD2 dimension

Nelson Sousa

Dec 27, 2017, 9:11:03 AM12/27/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

You don’t delete records from SCD. EVER. an element of a dimension cannot be deleted because there may be facts that refer to it.

If anything, you add a “active/inactive” flag on the dimension and insert a new record with the flag set to inactive.

But never delete.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Nelson Sousa

Dec 27, 2017, 9:11:46 AM12/27/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

Ps: the date_from field of the SCD2 on the inactive record is the date it was set to inactive.

fulgence Bouediro

Dec 27, 2017, 9:32:17 AM12/27/17
to Pentaho Community

Hi,
I have a similar problem, when a record is deleted in the operational database, I can not find the date when the record was deleted in the SCD2 dimension. I use PDI 7.0