Pentaho CE 6.1 Empty Marketplace before and after installing Marketplace

Garey Smiley

May 23, 2016, 9:25:07 AM5/23/16
to Pentaho Community
After I installed Pentaho CE 6.1 the Marketplace is empty. I read several notes on installing MarketPlace 5.4 in 6.1 to make Marketplace work. I installed it and now have a working Marketplace, but I have two Marketplace items on the menu now and one of them still shows up blank. Any ideas?

Garey Smiley

May 23, 2016, 10:08:18 AM5/23/16
to Pentaho Community
I am getting the following in the logs

2016-05-23 09:31:33,128 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /marketplace/marketplace/js/app/web/lib/ui-bootstrap-tpls-0.6.0.min.js not found in plugin marketplace
2016-05-23 09:31:33,128 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /marketplace/marketplace/js/app/web/lib/angular-translate/angular-translate.js not found in plugin marketplace
2016-05-23 09:33:38,885 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /marketplace/marketplace/lang/messages_en_US.properties not found in plugin marketplace
2016-05-23 09:33:38,885 ERROR [org.pentaho.platform.web.servlet.GenericServlet] GenericServlet.ERROR_0004 - Resource /marketplace/marketplace/lang/messages_en_US.properties not found in plugin marketplace

Pedro Alves

May 25, 2016, 5:11:02 AM5/25/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Those errors are not really errors; you seem to have some firewall issue

Garey Smiley

May 25, 2016, 10:23:04 AM5/25/16
to Pentaho Community
This is what I'm seeing.

The top "Marketplace" is working.

The second "Marketplace" in the menu shows up blank.

So I'm not thinking it's a proxy/firewall issue, but it might be. I had to add the following to our proxy's "No Auth" list to get the Marketplace to work. since then I can get the list of marketplace items, install, and update them.

nexus.pentaho.org

ci.pentaho.com

ctools.pentaho.com

marketplace.pentaho.com

Are there other addresses I need to consider?

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 9:25:07 AM UTC-4, Garey Smiley wrote:
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

Pedro Alves

May 25, 2016, 10:50:50 PM5/25/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
How the hell did you get 2 marketplaces there???

Did you install something manually?

Garey Smiley

May 27, 2016, 10:11:10 AM5/27/16
to Pentaho Community
Lol. I did manually install Marketplace 5.4 which actually works. See the screen shot. Other people are having this happen too. See

Pedro Alves

May 27, 2016, 11:05:05 AM5/27/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

So you installed a legacy version of the marketplace on a system that has the marketplace...

hum....

not sure what more I can say...

Dan

May 27, 2016, 11:22:44 AM5/27/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

Isn't the point that the legacy one is the one that works and the default one is broken?

Sent from my phone

Garey Smiley

May 27, 2016, 11:26:27 AM5/27/16
to Pentaho Community
Marketplace is broken in Pentaho CE 6.1. I'm open to suggestions on how to fix the 6.1 Marketplace.

Search the internet. There are several discussions on this issue. The common way to fix it is to install Marketplace 5.4 to get things working. I'm sure everyone would like to know a better way.