Many Cubes with many connections

Ricardo Gouvea

Oct 18, 2017, 7:34:07 AM10/18/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

We have the following situation.

We have an environment with Pentaho BA Server with 50 OLAP cubes running on AWS. There are dozens of connections pointing to data sources that are not located in AWS.

We are using SAIKU as an OLAP client and when a user is going to create a new analysis, he waits about 10 minutes for the combobox to open with the Cubes so he can choose what he wants.

We believe that the problem is the large amount of data sources and Saiku is testing them all.

Is there any option to be configured from the connection where these tests are not done?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Dan

Oct 18, 2017, 7:41:42 AM10/18/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
This is a common problem, AFAIK there's not much that can be done.

You can avoid certain types or proliferation of calculated members, as they all get validated on start.

The only workaround is to "warm up" the system before the user hits it, by programatically hitting the cubes.

you havent said, but i'm assuming this only happens once, once they hit it again a second time it should be quick right?

Ricardo Gouvea

Oct 25, 2017, 7:03:17 AM10/25/17
to Pentaho Community
Hi Dan,

Thank you for your answer.

The problem there is a quantity OLAP Cubes point to different connections in different locality.

The delay to open the Cube combobox in Saiku happen ever and his not have the calculated member.

Do you know if exist some properties of connections to set ignore test?

Best regards,

On 18 October 2017 at 12:34, Ricardo Gouvea <rdeg...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

We have the following situation.

We have an environment with Pentaho BA Server with 50 OLAP cubes running on AWS. There are dozens of connections pointing to data sources that are not located in AWS.

We are using SAIKU as an OLAP client and when a user is going to create a new analysis, he waits about 10 minutes for the combobox to open with the Cubes so he can choose what he wants.

We believe that the problem is the large amount of data sources and Saiku is testing them all.

Is there any option to be configured from the connection where these tests are not done?

Thanks,
Ricardo

Dan

Oct 25, 2017, 7:05:12 AM10/25/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
No; At the moment it cannot be turned off - it's not really a test as such, it's an essential part of how mondrian works. (If it's what i'm thinking of)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pentaho-community/42c08974-a4cb-4420-9ee3-e47f0d8b6e26%40googlegroups.com.