New book available: Learning Pentaho CTools

Pedro Alves

Jun 9, 2016, 6:46:18 AM6/9/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

---------------------------------

Call me old fashioned, but even on this era of blogs, social media, info scattered through the net, it's always amazing to see a book covering our technology. Just feels like it's more real when you can actually physically pick something up.

And, once again I may be the only one thinking this, but I see it as a great milestone in a project's lifecycle; it's not a pet project anymore - it's the real deal.

And a latest addition that is particularly close for obvious reasons: Miguel Gaspar, one of our consultants, went ahead and published a book covering Pentaho Ctools

I'm obviously really proud to see a book coming out on a project I had do opportunity to work on from the ground up (even though today the team always kick me out from the dev room and don't let me touch a single line of code...). I did a quick search and found the forum post over 8 years old that announced the first release ever of CDF, the first Ctool.

Amazing stuff Miguel. Thanks for doing this, I would never be able to write a book (hum... well, technically I actually wrote one but.... meh, ignore)

Other Pentaho literature

We've been lucky enough to have already a couple of books covering several aspects of pentaho - The platform, a couple covering PDI, and... well, more than I can link. And I see this as a huge advantage. I'm sure any prospect / customer will feel much more confident by seeing this huge amount of resources available.

Just take a look at this screenshot with the search results from https://www.packtpub.com/all/?search=pentaho. Mind blowing, and from one editor alone (there's more on Wiley and others). It's  just what you get when you can work with a great community :)

Cheers!

-pedro