PCM16 - 2 weeks to go!

Pedro Alves

Nov 2, 2016, 8:47:49 AM11/2/16
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

Blog post at http://pedroalves-bi.blogspot.pt/2016/11/pcm16-pentaho-community-meeting-coming.html :

PCM16 - Pentaho Community Meeting, coming up Nov 11-13

2 weeks to go. For the 9th year in a row, this fantastic event will take place in less than 2 weeks in Antwerp. See you soon!!

Now, let me shamelessly copy the blog post from Bart Maertens, the organizer of the event:

Announcing #PCM16, Antwerp, Belgium!!

Register now!
Friday, Nov 11th: PCM16 Hackathon
Saturday, Nov 12: PCM16

Submit your talk proposal!

Use case room: pcm1...@know.bi
Tech room: pcm16...@know.bi
AGENDA: What's cooking a PCM16? Have a look:
ANTWERP: How to get there and things to do in
After the 2015 edition in London, the eighth yearly Pentaho Community Meeting will be back where it was in 2014: Antwerp, Belgium. The dates for PCM16 will be Friday, November 11th and Saturday, November 12th. The venue for this edition will be the gorgeous medieval hospital and monastery  Elzenveld. The views may not be as spectacular as they were in the 2013 Sintra edition, but the location sure will be fine!

As was the case in the 2014 and 2015 editions, we’ll have a hackathon (followed by drinks) on Friday evening and two presentation rooms (business and technical) on Saturday.
As has been the trend in the latest PCM editions, we aim to make this the European Pentaho event of the year for both Enterprise and Community Edition users. After all, no matter which version you use, we’re all just a community of Pentaho users.
The event is free of charge because of sponsorships by know.bi and Pentaho, there will only be a small charge (€10) for lunch which you will kindly be asked to pay in cash when registering on Saturday.
In return for a weekend of your time, you’ll enjoy a couple of days of being submerged in everything Pentaho, (Big) Data, Data Science and the excitement of talking to and working with the community involved in all of this.
Registrations are open now, register on our eventbrite pages for the hackathon and PCM:
Friday, Nov 11th: PCM16 Hackathon
Saturday, Nov 12: PCM16

Friday, November 11th

On the evening of Friday, November 11th, we’ll be hosting a hackathon. People will have to travel to Antwerp, therefore we won’t be able to start early (8PM-ish) and have a hackathon for hours on end. However, as has been shown in the previous years, a couple of hours suffice to build and present impressive solutions with PDI, Mondrian or CTools.
As tradition has it, beer is an important part of a pre-PCM Friday evening, and there’s nowhere better to go for beers than Belgium! There are quite a number of pubs in the vicinity of the venue: ‘K. Zeppos’, named after the -at least in Belgium- world famous sixties TV series ‘Kapitein Zeppos’ and ‘Pallieter’, named after a 1916 novel by Flemish writer Felix Timmermans, just to name a few.
After a couple of hours of hacking, this is the perfect excuse to enjoy some of our famous Belgian beers. Take it easy though, these are not Amstel or Heineken!

Saturday, November 12th

The rooms

Traditionally, Saturday is what a true PCM is all about!
Just like in the last editions, there will be two rooms: business and technical.
The business room will be your goto place for use case presentations where Pentaho customers and/or users explain what real life problems they are solving with the Pentaho suite.
Some of Pentaho’s biggest and most prestigious implementations will be presented here, alongside smaller but not less interesting implementations.
The technical room is for more technical presentations. This is the ‘old school’ Community Meeting room, and your goto place to find out what’s cooking within Pentaho and the Pentaho Community. Powerpoint used to be forbidden, just like beaming code on the big screen was mandatory in the earliest Pentaho Community Meetings, find out for yourself if this still stands.

Call for Speakers

A list of speakers for both rooms is currently being compiled.
If you’d like to present, please mail to pcm1...@know.bi or pcm16...@know.bi with a short description of your presentation proposal and we’ll get back to you asap.

Sunday, November 13th

Again, not intending to change a winning team and sticking to tradition, we’ll have a social activity on the post-PCM Sunday.
An agenda is still being compiled, but we’ll post regular updates here, so stay tuned for more.

How to get there

By Plane
When you're arriving in Belgium through  Brussels Airport, there are direct trains from the airport to Antwerp (approximately 30 minutes).
A (limited) number of cities have direct connections to  Antwerp Airport, which is just a 15 minute taxi ride from the city center.
By Train
Antwerp has connections to several European cities, including a number of high speed connections. Check out the Belgian Rail  website for more details.
By car
Follow your GPS to you hotel's address. Driving in Antwerp is fine, but traffic around the city can be challenging ( slow).

Agenda

Technical Room
Use Cases