Export/import plugins data

Anderson F.

Jul 12, 2017, 1:07:26 PM7/12/17
to Pentaho Community
Hi guys.

I need migrante pentaho ba-ce 7 to version 7.1

The problem is that my coworkers need export plugins's data too. Example: Saiku, cda and etc..

Could you suggest me some tutorial about this issue?

Nelson Sousa

Jul 12, 2017, 1:16:26 PM7/12/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com

Can't you export/download them from the repository and then import/upload into the new one?

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Anderson F.

Jul 12, 2017, 1:35:44 PM7/12/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. I am noob. :)

Could you give me an example of what it would be like to export all Saiku Analysis?

On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 at 18:07, Anderson F. <anderson...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys.

I need migrante pentaho ba-ce 7 to version 7.1

The problem is that my coworkers need export plugins's data too. Example: Saiku, cda and etc..

Could you suggest me some tutorial about this issue?

Nelson Sousa

Anderson F.

Jul 13, 2017, 11:49:05 AM7/13/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nelson.

But, I and my coworker are trying do it using Pentaho's Script import-export.sh

I inform you, if we both can do it

[...]

Isaías Sánchez

Jul 13, 2017, 3:46:19 PM7/13/17
to Pentaho Community
What I always do in this cases is:

Copy the whole content on: pentaho-solutions/system/jackrabbit/* from old to new installation with both servers down. Then start new version and all data is there, you only have to install the plugins from marketplace.

I'm doing this since 5.0 and never fails.

Cheers.

Dan

Jul 14, 2017, 4:19:00 AM7/14/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
:o) that's brave!

I do recommend testing that first each time you do it with a new Pentaho server version, and keeping your old server for a bit of time.  At some point it may not work.

Anderson F.

Jul 14, 2017, 11:45:21 AM7/14/17
to pentaho-...@googlegroups.com
Isaias, thanks very much.

It is simple and it work  : )

Isaías Sánchez

Jul 15, 2017, 4:19:59 AM7/15/17
to Pentaho Community
Sure, all It's done before to remove the old version. But it's the fastest way to have all things migrated.

As I understand if there are changes in the repository structure once you start the server these changes will be overwritten without losing historic data, if not it would be a pain to update the pentaho server recovering all files like (reports, dashboards, cda, analysis schemas) and also configurations (schedules, data sources, users). Mostly for those installations where the repository is stored in databases like mysql or postgresql and you have few hundreds of those files or configuration entries.

The day it fails, we'll open a thread in the forum and someone will figure it out  :D