Pentadactyl on FF39

Nick C

Jul 20, 2015, 3:01:00 PM7/20/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just got auto-updated to FF39, and my version of Pentadactyl was disabled as it was limited to FF38.

The nigthlies for Sourceforge (http://5digits.org/nightly/pentadactyl-latest.xpi) are currently unavailable because Sourceforge is down, so I cloned the source and after some faffing managed to build the XPI (building on Windows is not altogether straightforward, though through no fault of Pentadactyl).

However, when I then load the extension into FF nothing seems to happen - no errors, but also no keybindings, the top menu is still there, it's as if the extension wasn't installed at all.

Is this a known issue or is it just me? If the latter, any suggestions on what I could do to debug (or where I could get a pre-compiled XPI that is known to work with FF39)?

Thanks,
Nick

belus...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2015, 7:46:25 PM7/20/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com, nick....@gmail.com
I have a similar problems... on FreeBSD 10.1 STABLE with Firefox and pentadactyl both built from source.
Firefox-esr may still work; but I haven't tried yet.
I do have keybindings but no tab completion at all. Some of the error messages I get:

/home/x/.pentadactylrc:13: E518: Unknown option: altwildmode
/home/x/.pentadactylrc:14: E518: Unknown option: autocomplete
/home/x/.pentadactylrc:15: E518: Unknown option: wildmode
/home/x/.pentadactylrc:16: E518: Unknown option: complete
Invalid argument: defsearch=s: CompletionContext is not a function
Invalid argument: suggestengines=: CompletionContext is not a function
resource://dactyl-content/commandline.js: 1107: ReferenceError: CompletionContext is not defined
[...]

Enrique Pérez

Jul 21, 2015, 4:07:58 PM7/21/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the same (ubuntu 14.04, firefox 39 from ubuntu main, fresh ff profile with no other add-on installed and with ubuntu's default ones disabled). I am building the XPI from the master branch at github. If I launch ff from a console, I get the following (but the files seem to be there ??):

dactyl: bootstrap: startup startup
dactyl: bootstrap: init penta...@dactyl.googlecode.com
pentadactyl: bootstrap: init

pentadactyl: bootstrap: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/eperez/.mozilla/firefox/d56o2z0n.default/extensions/penta...@dactyl.googlecode.com.xpi!/bootstrap.js :: module :: line 15"  data: no]
module@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/eperez/.mozilla/firefox/d56o2z0n.default/extensions/penta...@dactyl.googlecode.com.xpi!/bootstrap.js:15:12
init@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/eperez/.mozilla/firefox/d56o2z0n.default/extensions/penta...@dactyl.googlecode.com.xpi!/bootstrap.js:256:21
startup@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///home/eperez/.mozilla/firefox/d56o2z0n.default/extensions/penta...@dactyl.googlecode.com.xpi!/bootstrap.js:381:13
XPI_callBootstrapMethod@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:4451:9
XPI_startup@resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm:2168:13
callProvider@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:208:12
_startProvider@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:670:5
AMI_startup@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:841:9
AMP_startup@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:2499:5
AMC_observe@resource://gre/components/addonManager.js:55:7

--

---

Enrique Pérez Arnaud
enr...@cazalla.net

Dustin Tucker

Jul 21, 2015, 4:07:58 PM7/21/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
It's not quite what you're asking for, but
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/checkcompatibility/
works for me to ignore compatibility.

Dustin

anopen...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2015, 3:32:12 PM7/25/15
to Pentadactyl, nick....@gmail.com
Latest compile of pentadactyl still works great with Firefox compiled from firefox-esr in FreeBSD' s latest ports. I'm running FreeBSD-stable btw.

anopen...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2015, 3:32:12 PM7/25/15
to Pentadactyl, nick....@gmail.com
Pentadactyl(latest compile) still works great with firefox-esr on FreeBSD(BETA2)...

Nick Curry

Jul 25, 2015, 5:39:53 PM7/25/15
to anopen...@gmail.com, Pentadactyl
Firefox ESR is currently FF38, which is probably why :-)  (It was working fine for me on FF38, but stopped working on FF39).

fwiw Vimperator works fine, and looks much better than last time I tried it (though that was probably 3-4 years ago!)

Luna Jernberg

Aug 11, 2015, 2:38:59 PM8/11/15
to Pentadactyl, nick....@gmail.com
Seems the nightlys work just installed it on 40 that released today myself as a friend gave me a tip about Pentadactyl this weekend and i really like it :)