Remap key in normal mode to plugin-provided command?

Jacob Glenn

Mar 1, 2016, 1:09:37 PM3/1/16
to penta...@googlegroups.com
This should be easy but I can't seem to make it work.

I want to remap the "s" key in normal mode to the command
:tabattachtogroup, which is provided by the tab-groups-manager plugin.

(So that I can move a tab to another group using the same key I would
use in Muttator to move an email to a different IMAP folder.)

wsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 4:13:12 AM3/9/16
to Pentadactyl
Does this work?: "nmap s -ex tabattachtogroup"

Jacob Glenn

Mar 9, 2016, 5:32:58 PM3/9/16
to penta...@googlegroups.com
Nope, I tried that and it seems to map "s" to... nothing. Thanks for
your suggestion though.

wsha...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2016, 10:30:56 PM3/9/16
to Pentadactyl
Sorry, I wasn't familiar with the plugin, so I didn't realize that the function took an argument. You probably want "nmap s :tabattachtogroup<Space>" so that you can start typing the argument after you press "s".

By the way, Tab Groups were removed from the version of Firefox released today, so I don't how much use you will get out of this mapping:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/tab-groups-removal

Jacob Glenn

Mar 10, 2016, 10:21:31 AM3/10/16
to penta...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! It works; the space was what I was missing.

The tab groups implementation that's being removed from Firefox is
Panorama, which was never particularly full-featured. The Tab Groups
Manager extension (along with its Pentadactyl plugin) is a totally
separate implementation and is quite powerful.

https://github.com/gwash/tab-groups-manager/blob/master/tab-groups-manager.js