Incompatability issues

Israel R.

Nov 5, 2015, 1:28:26 PM11/5/15
to Pentadactyl
I've been using the plugin happily with firefox v 31.1 on Porteus linux for a while now, but recently it has become incompatibly for some reason.  I hadn't updated firefox until now, I've upgraded to firefox 38.3.0 and it's still imcompatible, the mozilla addon page states it is incompatible because "Add-on has opted into strict compatibility checking."  Is there a way around this or is there a version it is compatible with?

Arkadiusz Drabczyk

Nov 6, 2015, 7:35:07 AM11/6/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
How did you get pentadactyl? I usually compile it from source. At
the moment I use it with fx 41.0.2. In install.rdf it says:

em:minVersion="31.0"
em:maxVersion="41.*"

so it should run w/o problems on fx 38.3.0
--
Arkadiusz Drabczyk <arka...@drabczyk.org>

Israel R.

Nov 6, 2015, 11:02:03 AM11/6/15
to Pentadactyl, arka...@drabczyk.org
Right, both versions I had and am now using should be covered, so I'm not sure what changed. Maybe I'll try compiling from source as well, I believe I just used the mozilla addon site.

Israel R.

Nov 6, 2015, 11:08:49 AM11/6/15
to Pentadactyl, arka...@drabczyk.org
Actually, I just remembered that I installed it from the homepage which is version 1.1 and states it is for "Firefox 24.0 - 30.*" and I've looked at the github page and confirmed what you stated earlier...I'll try that out and see if it works. Thanks Arkadiusz Drabczyk...