Mapping to create a screenshot of the page

alex viau

Oct 26, 2015, 5:29:30 PM10/26/15
to Pentadactyl
Hi,

I know firefox as the developer toolbar to allow to do screenshots of pages, but I would like a quicker and customizable way of doing screenshots, I was thinking of using a pentadactyl mapping to achieve that.
Besides I don't know how to call the developper toolbar from javascript/pentadactylrc.. is there a way to do that? Or maybe there is better way of doing screenshots via plugins.

Thanks,

Alexandre

gt

Oct 27, 2015, 12:34:10 AM10/27/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
---- On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 02:59:29 +0530 alex viau <alexan...@gmail.com> wrote ----
> Hi,
>
> I know firefox as the developer toolbar to allow to do screenshots of pages, but I would like a quicker and customizable way of doing screenshots, I was thinking of using a pentadactyl mapping to achieve that.
> Besides I don't know how to call the developper toolbar from javascript/pentadactylrc.. is there a way to do that? Or maybe there is better way of doing screenshots via plugins.

What's the benefit of using this over any of the screenshot taking tools for your OS? You can easily bind those to your favourite keys. As for doing this via pentadactyl, there is the `emenu` option which lets us access firefox's menu items directly, but I couldn't find any option for taking a screenshot in the menu.

SA

Jan 28, 2016, 1:03:43 AM1/28/16
to Pentadactyl
Just install this and map to your preferred key: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/addon/nimbus-screenshot/?src=ss