Switch to a buffer or open a new one if there is no matching buffer

no...@deadmau6.com

Jul 20, 2015, 3:01:00 PM7/20/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Just wondering if there's a way to do this. Say I press o to open a page, is there a way to add the current buffers to the smart completions, and switch to a buffer if it is selected instead of opening a new page? Same goes for opening a new tab.

Reason is that sometimes I have a lot of buffers open and I'm not sure if the page I'm looking for is already open somewhere. Right now I have to hit b, search there, and if I'm unlucky, I'll have to hit esc, t, then search again. It would be awesome if the two lists could be merged.

I'm also willing to implement this if such a thing doesn't yet exist.

Jacob Glenn

Jul 20, 2015, 4:28:59 PM7/20/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com
I think you just want :buffers