Problem saving options

frank.b...@googlemail.com

Apr 4, 2014, 1:18:47 PM4/4/14
to penta...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I'm switching from vimperator to pentadactyl and I wonder how I can save macros and options in a config-file. If I quit my iceweasel (firefox 24), no macros are saved.

Can anybody help me?
Thanks in advance

gt

Apr 5, 2014, 1:07:04 AM4/5/14
to penta...@googlegroups.com
:h :mkpentadactylrc

frank.b...@googlemail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 6:37:38 AM4/5/14
to penta...@googlegroups.com, frank.b...@googlemail.com
Thank you  - that was the trick
Best regards
Frank

frank.b...@googlemail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 7:17:21 AM4/5/14
to penta...@googlegroups.com, static...@gmx.com
Unfortunately this command doesn't save the recorded macros. What went wrong?

Am Samstag, 5. April 2014 07:07:04 UTC+2 schrieb gt:

:h :mkpentadactylrc

Thank you. But now I recognized that the macros aren't saved with this command.

gt

Apr 5, 2014, 8:42:37 AM4/5/14
to frank.b...@googlemail.com
I don't use macros, so I am unsure. If you are sure that everything is
fine at your end, you may want to open a bug report:

https://code.google.com/p/dactyl/issues/list

Petr Nýč

May 14, 2014, 6:12:55 AM5/14/14
to penta...@googlegroups.com, frank.b...@googlemail.com, static...@gmx.com
I had to mkdir -p ~/.pentadactyl/info/default to be able to use QuickMarks between sessions. Without this, any marks I created vanished after I quit firefox. It may also help here.

Let us know if this helped.

Emile Mercier

Jun 23, 2015, 10:22:52 AM6/23/15
to penta...@googlegroups.com, frank.b...@googlemail.com, static...@gmx.com
On Microsoft windows I needed to create %USERPROFILE%\pentadactyl
which in my case was c:\users\<myusername>\pentadactyl
After i created this directory my macros FINALLY saved across sessions. it took the use of procmon to see where pentadactyl was trying to read/write
Just sharing on the off chance that anyone else is having issues saving macros on windows