Scaphoid fail

Jed Michnowicz

Feb 26, 2015, 9:56:24 PM2/26/15
to pen...@googlegroups.com
I went down hard a few weeks back and after numerous xrays, scans and imaging, I have a nondisplaced transverse fracture through the waist of the scaphoid.  I guess it could be a lot worse.  I have at least 6 weeks is a cast and who knows what happens next.

Keep the rubber side down and maybe I'll see you out there in 2-3 months.

~jed

Bryan Cheung

Feb 26, 2015, 10:08:55 PM2/26/15
to Jed Michnowicz, pen...@googlegroups.com
Sucks. Enjoy the time off.  Or trainer, but that's almost worse!  You'll be doing sub 19:00 OLH in no time.
--
http://www.pen2sf.com | http://app.strava.com/clubs/pen2sf
---

Iain Russell

Feb 26, 2015, 10:24:36 PM2/26/15
to Jed Michnowicz, pen...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jed, sorry to hear the bad news.  Non-displaced sounds like the preferred way to do it if your dealing with a fracture.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Iain

I went down hard a few weeks back and after numerous xrays, scans and imaging, I have a nondisplaced transverse fracture through the waist of the scaphoid.  I guess it could be a lot worse.  I have at least 6 weeks is a cast and who knows what happens next.

Keep the rubber side down and maybe I'll see you out there in 2-3 months.

~jed

Hani Juha

Feb 26, 2015, 10:35:51 PM2/26/15
to Iain Russell, Jed Michnowicz, pen...@googlegroups.com
Super suck buddy.  Take the time to heal and the ride will still be there.

Train With Power

Feb 26, 2015, 10:56:22 PM2/26/15
to Jed Michnowicz, pen...@googlegroups.com
Bummer man. I'll miss you on the skyline route. Heal quick.

Justin

Michael McCabe

Feb 26, 2015, 11:59:50 PM2/26/15
to pen...@googlegroups.com, jmi...@gmail.com
hey Jed, I was just wondering this morning where you had been, heal well and don't try to come back too soon, i have extended many an injury recovery period doing just that.

best,

.m