Anyone have a 9 gear rear?

Lukasz Pason

Oct 17, 2016, 9:18:08 PM10/17/16
to 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
Seems my hub is blown out and I'm looking for a new rear wheel. 9 speed. Anyone have anything laying around?!

Sent from my iPhone

Jed Michnowicz

Oct 17, 2016, 9:29:18 PM10/17/16
to Lukasz Pason, 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
Got an old zip carbon wheel, but it's warped and a liability :)

> On Oct 17, 2016, at 6:18 PM, Lukasz Pason <lukasz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Seems my hub is blown out and I'm looking for a new rear wheel. 9 speed. Anyone have anything laying around?!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> --
> http://www.pen2sf.com | http://app.strava.com/clubs/pen2sf
> ---

Hani Juha

Oct 17, 2016, 9:33:46 PM10/17/16
to Jed Michnowicz, Lukasz Pason, 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
sorry - nada

Lukasz Pason

Oct 17, 2016, 9:35:56 PM10/17/16
to Hani Juha, Jed Michnowicz, 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
Jed, that could be fun... 😂

No worries Hani!

Sent from my iPhone

Jed Michnowicz

Oct 17, 2016, 9:48:12 PM10/17/16
to Lukasz Pason, Hani Juha, 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
Can you add a spacer to a 10 speed hub?

Lukasz Pason

Oct 17, 2016, 10:24:10 PM10/17/16
to Jed Michnowicz, Hani Juha, 'Gallant Chen' via pen2sf
I have no idea....

Sent from my iPhone

Michael McCabe

Oct 18, 2016, 12:02:59 AM10/18/16
to pen2sf, jmi...@gmail.com, hani...@gmail.com, Pen...@googlegroups.com
pretty much any wheel should work.  the overall cog set width is going to be the same (hub spacings haven't gotten wider except for disc bikes), just newer 11 speed cogs are closer together and the biggest cog is cupped around the rear hub at the spoke side to extend into the spoke area more.  that is why 11speed cassettes won't work on most older 9 or some 10 speed hubs (the big cog will drag on the hub body) but the 9 speed cogs should work on pretty much any 9, 10 or 11 speed wheel.