Broken thumb

Hani Juha

Jun 7, 2015, 5:53:01 PM6/7/15
to Pen...@googlegroups.com
The Pescadero race was awesome. Dropped the chain in the first 5 miles got it back on. Chased the group a little too fast on a downhill. Took a turn too fast and touched the brakes the bike slipped out and I went for a ride. Broken thumb and lots of road rash. I still managed to finish the race. I had good legs. I may be out for a couple of weeks.

Bryan Cheung

Jun 7, 2015, 5:54:46 PM6/7/15
to Hani Juha, Pen...@googlegroups.com
Heal up quick. The spring carnage continues...

--
http://www.pen2sf.com | http://app.strava.com/clubs/pen2sf
---

Jed Michnowicz

Jun 7, 2015, 6:01:35 PM6/7/15
to Bryan Cheung, Hani Juha, Pen...@googlegroups.com
Doh! :(

Dominant hand?  At least it wasn't the scaphoid.

Hani Juha

Jun 7, 2015, 6:09:47 PM6/7/15
to Jed Michnowicz, Bryan Cheung, Pen...@googlegroups.com
Yep the dominant hand. But I'm in good spirits and looking forward to a quick recovery. Still was a great race. Dammit I have good legs

Michael McCabe

Jun 8, 2015, 1:17:51 AM6/8/15
to pen...@googlegroups.com
Bummer, sorry to hear that, those stage descents can be tricky for sure. You need the Bryan broken finger training plan, he came back strong as ever.

Will likely commute in tomorrow if the knee feels okay in the morning, Alcatraz has it a bit unhappy tonight. Let me know if anyone plans to ride in.

Bryan Cheung

Jun 8, 2015, 9:18:12 AM6/8/15
to Michael McCabe, pen...@googlegroups.com
I should be rolling north as usual, 7:30 @ Advantage.