Peerjs sending a signal to AndroidRTC app

Erick Gallani

Aug 22, 2016, 1:25:01 PM8/22/16
to PeerJS
I'm trying to develop an Android Native App (and yes needs to be native) using WebRTC.

The idea here is enable a web browser make a voice and video call to a android app using the WebRTC.

The problem here is that I'm facing a hard time trying to put everything work together.

I used the AndroidRTC (GitHub - pchab/AndroidRTC: Android client for ProjectRTC - a WebRTC demo) to create my app, and I'm trying to receive the call signal from the browser using PeerJS in the client browser and as a server too.

I saw that using peerjs to create a connection and start receive calls I need to create the connection, like

var peer = new Peer(caller_id, {host: api.my.server, port: 9000, secured: true})

I think I need to do something similar on the AndroidRTC but I couldn't figure out how to do this.

The architecture goes like this

Browser (PeerJS) ------> Server (PeerJS) -------> Android App (AndroidRTC - Native App)

Anyone have any idea how to do this?

What I have tried:

I tried (like in the example on github) set the WebRtcClient with my PeerJS server uri, like https://api.my.peerjs.server:9000

mSocketAddress = "https://api.my.peerjs.server:9000";

new WebRtcClient(this, mSocketAddress, params, VideoRendererGui.getEGLContext());

But I couldn't find out how to get this working with PeerJS signaling.