Now can't get default site on localhost

Frederic Rounds

Jun 6, 2015, 9:06:07 PM6/6/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
When I loaded peerjs and started using it for testing, I now get the following error message when I try to load files
from localhost:

 An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring changes to 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\web.config' because access is denied.

I never had this problem before using peerjs.  I've tried many approaches to correct this problem including restarting windows 8 from a a past start point before
loading peerjs and node.js.  This has been an unbelievably difficult problem, and I have yet to find a solution.  Currently I can't test a lot of my programs because of this
strange difficulty.  I should note that web.config doesn't even exist in the root directory. I wish someone could help me with this.

thanks,

fred

David Cooper

Jul 1, 2015, 11:19:54 PM7/1/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred,

This isn't really as complex as you point it out to be - which is good!

You need to check the permissions of the web.config file and make sure that the appropriate user has read/write access to it. That's all it is :)