PeerJS Server explanation

Luiz Gabriel Parreira Pereira

Jun 14, 2015, 7:43:48 PM6/14/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Hello, i'm making a webconference for my final examination on school.

I need to explain the functionality of peerjs server, but I can't find a simple explanation.

Someone can help me please?

Thanks!

David Cooper

Jun 26, 2015, 12:34:35 PM6/26/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Hey Luiz,

There's a fantastic presentation video on there, too.

-Dave

Luiz Gabriel Parreira Pereira

Jun 27, 2015, 1:34:04 AM6/27/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
I need about PeerJS Server, not about WebRTC.

Thanks for help.

David Cooper

Jun 27, 2015, 8:58:18 AM6/27/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Right, well the PeerJS-Server brokers connections between two clients. Before a call or data transfer can occur between two clients, they need to know about each other and they need to agree on the parameters of the call/data transfer. Peer-JS Server facilitates this. Once the parameters of the connection have been established and each client is aware of the connection details are known, then the two clients can talk to each other. No data is proxied through the server though - that is entirely peer-to-peer.

Hope that help!

-Dave

RiShIkEsH KuMaR

Jun 27, 2015, 1:20:08 PM6/27/15
to Luiz Gabriel Parreira Pereira, peerjs
Hi,
You can get the simple description (in 3 lines) on official site:-

PeerJS wraps the browser's WebRTC implementation to provide a
complete, configurable, and easy-to-use peer-to-peer connection API.
Equipped with nothing but an ID, a peer can create a P2P data or media
stream connection to a remote peer.

this explains the complete thing. But you want more then you can check:-
http://xirsys.com/peerjs/
http://peerjs.com/docs/#api

Please read once and if you have any confusion then let us know.

With Regards,
Rishikesh kumar

Luiz Gabriel Parreira Pereira

Jun 27, 2015, 1:45:06 PM6/27/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Very thanks...

Now i more help :)

What settings I need to use the PeerJS Server? How can I measure it?

Obs: On server Machine

Luiz Gabriel Parreira Pereira

Jun 27, 2015, 1:45:39 PM6/27/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com, lui...@gmail.com
Thanks man... you help me too!!

David Cooper

Jul 1, 2015, 10:53:32 PM7/1/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luiz,

Have you given the PeerJS server documentation a read?