Video stream connects but results in black screen....any ideas?

drv...@gmail.com

Jul 25, 2015, 11:19:23 AM7/25/15
to PeerJS
I'm currently trying out PeerJS -- the online website demos work for me.

However, I am testing out a simple video conf configuration on local wamp, running NodeJS @ 127.0.0.1:9000

I open up 2 browser windows and attempt to broadcast a webcam stream from one browser to the other:

1) The clients successfully connect (NodeJS logs that the connections were accepted)
2) Browser 1 is able to start a webcam stream and begin broadcasting (a small square is created and the webcam video can be seen)
3) NodeJS server receives and activates the request
4) Browser 2 receives the stream, and creates a small square on the page, which is where the incoming stream is supposed to be

However, at stage 4, the video window on Browser 2 remains a black square -- video feed not visible....why is that?

Settings:
- Win 7
- Firewall OFF
- No internet connection (local server testing only)

-- Any ideas would be appreciated!