PeerServer Cloud - new connection timeout

Mark Kudlac

Apr 14, 2015, 11:05:13 AM4/14/15
to pee...@googlegroups.com
I have been developing a web app with PeerJS using the cloud service and have noticed that after about 10 -20 minutes I can no longer open an connection to a peer. I do not get any error messages on either the client or server side. The connecting peer doesn't get past the console.log message of

PeerJS:  Received ICE candidates for: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

which is before the point of

PeerJS:  Setting remote description

There is no indication of communication to the server from the cloud service.

After reloading client code generating a new Peer (5-10 mins) I get the error

PeerJS:  ERROR Error: Lost connection to server.

Is this the expected behaviour? Is there a timeout on the PeerServer that can changed. as an option? If I run my own server can I get around this. Has anyone experienced this? My app requires one peer to accept many connections/disconnections for data only over longer periods of time, preferrably days.