Reliable connection not reliable?

laike9m

Nov 1, 2014, 12:09:54 PM11/1/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com
I'm using chrome35 on both sides and is trying to get reliable data connection to work.

I've set reliable to true and confirmed conn.reliable is indeed true.
However, on the receiving side I only get 20% of packages sent. Reducing data size from 1024B to 512B didn't help.

Then I read this article
It says: in reliable mode a lost packet will cause other packets to get blocked behind it
This blocking feature is just what I'm looking for, as well as the resend mechanism of SCTP. Since PeerJs use WebRTC datachannel inside, I thought it would be the same in peerjs.

In a word, all I want to know is "is reliable really reliable"? Any help is appreciated.

laike9m

Nov 1, 2014, 12:19:33 PM11/1/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com
btw I'm using version0.3.9

Michelle Bu

Nov 1, 2014, 3:17:08 PM11/1/14
to laike9m, peerjs
Thanks for the detailed information. I'll look into it.
Michelle

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM, laike9m <lai...@gmail.com> wrote:
> btw I'm using version0.3.9
Message has been deleted

laike9m

Nov 7, 2014, 12:34:28 AM11/7/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, lai...@gmail.com, miche...@berkeley.edu
Have you been able to reproduce this bug?

MrGreen

Nov 22, 2014, 10:46:42 AM11/22/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com
Have same problem, send player input difference snapshots every tick for example:
tick 1:
jump: true
tick 2: (after a while)
jump: false

and sometimes server doesn't get input frame from tick 2 and sometimes get. These informations I send on reliable channel:

connection = peer.connect(req_peer_id, {
reliable: true,
serialization: "json"
});