What amazing things are you building with WebRTC/PeerJS?

Michelle Bu

Mar 9, 2014, 11:15:25 PM3/9/14
to peerjs
I'd love to see what people are building with WebRTC!

I'm currently building a MediaStream jQuery plugin, which will
hopefully be ready soon :).

Michelle

botbot...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2014, 6:36:14 AM3/14/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu
I'd like to build a radio station for a friend of mine who DJ's. Is this API a logical route for this functionality? I looked at IceCast and peer-radio but that approach looks a bit dated now compared to this.

Szymon Nowak

Mar 26, 2014, 4:37:43 AM3/26/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu
Hi Michelle,

yesterday we released ShareDrop (https://www.sharedrop.io / https://github.com/cowbell/sharedrop) - an open-source HTML5 clone of OS X AirDrop - it allows you to easily share files in a local network. It uses heavily modified version of PeerJS library that works with Firebase (https://www.firebase.com/) instead of WebSaocket server. It also does chunking a bit differently, so that I can get progress info for both sender and recipient.

Thank you and Eric a lot for this library! If I had to figure out all the details of transferring data using WebRTC from the very beginning, I'd probably give up after reading the first article about SDP, ICE, STUN, TURN, SCTP and so on :)

Anyway, here's the modified version of your library - https://github.com/cowbell/sharedrop/blob/master/app/scripts/vendor/peer.js and here's the code responsible for chunking and some other stuff - https://github.com/cowbell/sharedrop/blob/master/app/scripts/app/lib/webrtc.js.

Thanks again!

mmik...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2014, 2:12:20 PM4/5/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu
Szymon,

I've been wanting to build this exactly since I've learned about webRTC. Extremely well done, major props!

cha...@colabeo.com

Apr 7, 2014, 4:09:23 PM4/7/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu

Hi Michelle,

We just built a cloud phone on top of WebRTC. We would love to have peoples feedback on it and we just released it on Chrome Web Store today. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/beepe-phone/hcfncmkiaffeiicmpkaajdibigffgnfc

You can also visit us on Chrome or your Android Chrome browser at http://beepe.me

Szymon Nowak

Apr 17, 2014, 4:01:44 PM4/17/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu, mmik...@gmail.com
Thanks!

We're currently working on version that allows you to send files between networks, but unfortunately we won't have TURN server, so we need to figure out how to handle connection failures... Anyway the initial version is here https://staging.sharedrop.io - if you click "+" button, it will redirect you to a room. If you send its URL to somebody and you're not both behind NATs, there's a chance it will work :)

David Rio

May 27, 2014, 3:59:58 PM5/27/14
to pee...@googlegroups.com, miche...@berkeley.edu
I am writing a Peer Instruction Teaching Tool: https://github.com/drio/pitt
More details in the github readme.

-drd

pir...@gmail.com

May 27, 2014, 5:07:57 PM5/27/14
to David Rio, peerjs, Michelle Bu
I'm building a P2P signaling protocol and framework (webp2p.io) where
to reimplement on top of it my P2P filesharing application
(shareit.es). Also, on my day work I'm designing the WebP2P APis for a
streaming media server (kurento.org).
Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux

Marcio T

Aug 12, 2016, 2:52:29 PM8/12/16
to PeerJS, miche...@berkeley.edu

Hi Michelle,

I am using Peer.js in my Retroweb Virtual Computer Museum to allow vistors to play a multi-player a MazeWars game on an emulated Macintosh from 1984:

I use Peer.js to simulate a telephone network and a modem.

Thank you for Peer.js. It is an amazing library!

-- Marcio