authenticate in Pecan

john

Dec 17, 2010, 2:22:37 PM12/17/10
to Pecan Developers List
Hi,

How do you authenticate in Pecan?, is similar to that used in
Turbogear using identity?

Regards,
John

Alfredo Deza

Dec 17, 2010, 4:08:35 PM12/17/10
to peca...@googlegroups.com
There are no set ways to authenticate in Pecan.

Which is good :)

Use the authentication package/module that you want and just plug it in...

John Montero

Dec 17, 2010, 4:15:15 PM12/17/10
to peca...@googlegroups.com
2010/12/17 Alfredo Deza <alfre...@gmail.com>

There are no set ways to authenticate in Pecan.

Which is good :)

Use the authentication package/module that you want and just plug it in...

I recommend a module?

Pecan reviewing tests SecureController is a class, how I can validate the userpermissions check_permissions or am I wrong?

Jonathan LaCour

Dec 17, 2010, 4:28:57 PM12/17/10
to peca...@googlegroups.com
John Montero wrote:

> Pecan reviewing tests SecureController is a class, how I can validate the userpermissions check_permissions or am I wrong?

Pecan is a "do it yourself" framework, so we do not, and likely will not, offer built-in authorization/authentication systems. That said, there are some basic tools that you have available to you in Pecan that allow you to implement your own authentication and authorization.

We do provide a "SecureController" which isn't yet documented, but you can see examples of how to use it in our test suite. This is just one of the basic building blocks you would need, in addition to something like Beaker (http://beaker.groovie.org/) for sessions to implement your own auth system.

In addition, there are a variety of auth toolkits avaiable on PyPI that are built on WSGI, and should work fine with Pecan, if you are looking for something a bit less DIY:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=wsgi+authentication

Good luck to you.

--
Jonathan LaCour