MEETING: Tomorrow, June 7th, 6-10PM at Crowd Compass

Paul Baker

Jun 6, 2016, 12:42:38 PM6/6/16
to pdxruby

PLEASE NOTE [temporary] CHANGE IN VENUE => Crowd Compass

[ Add this event to your calendar: http://calagator.org/events/1250469629 ]

We have a meeting coming up!

This upcoming meeting is going to be awesome. Terian Koscik will be facilitating her workshop from RailsConf 2016. Check out the instructions presented in web comic form

Presentation at 7pm

Collaborate on a Surrealist Rails App
by Terian Koscik

Surrealism is an artistic practice in which mundane but dissimilar ideas are juxtaposed to create surprising or nonsensical ideas. This has interesting results when applied to startup culture. In this workshop, rather than finding a market niche which can be exploited for fame, revenue, or power, we will be using our skills as Rails developers to create products with no practical use whatsoever. We will use a variation of the surrealist game Exquisite Corpse to create collaborative Rails apps, then present them to one another in a mockery of venture capitalism.

Stay and socialize afterward, or head home early if that's more your jam.
---

We'll have pizza, snacks & beer starting at 6pm, so stop by early if you want to have dinner and socialize before the presentations.

Thank you to Crowd Compass for providing the venue and New Relic for sponsoring the beer, pizza & snacks this month! Crowd Compass is located at 308 SW Second Ave., Suite 200, Portland, OR 97204.

See you there!