Proposed presentation about Cucumber

Dana Scheider

Sep 17, 2015, 5:18:15 PM9/17/15
to pdxruby
Hi all,

I wanted to volunteer to present about Cucumber if anybody's interested. I've been making contributions to this awesome tool when I talk to other Rubyists about it, it often turns out they don't really grok the use case for it - and find it to be a clunky and awkward piece of software as a result. I can understand the thinking because I used to be that person, but now that I've found a good way to work Cucumber into my testing approach, I find it's incredibly powerful and I'd love to show other people how it can work as well for them as it does for me.

Let me know if this is a topic you'd be interested in and if so, when you'd like me to present.

Thanks!
Dana

Sam Livingston-Gray

Sep 17, 2015, 5:22:40 PM9/17/15
to Dana Scheider, pdxruby
I would *love* to hear a presentation on this topic.  It has also been my experience that most Ruby devs are anti-Cucumber, and I feel they're missing out.

-Sam

Rico Jones

Sep 17, 2015, 5:59:10 PM9/17/15
to Dana Scheider, pdxruby
As a Rubyist who does not use Cucumber, I would love to hear this talk.

-Rico

Kirsten Comandich

Sep 17, 2015, 9:02:08 PM9/17/15
to Dana Scheider, pdxruby
Hi Dana,

Sounds like a good talk. How about presenting at the October 6th meeting?

Thanks!
Kirsten

Dave

Sep 18, 2015, 4:40:57 PM9/18/15
to pdxruby
As a Rubyist who does use Cucumber, I am interested in a talk like this to learn more about how it's used elsewhere. I'm also interested in hearing about Portland area companies that use it or want to expand (or start) their test automation.

hazmatt

Sep 18, 2015, 9:04:43 PM9/18/15
to pdxruby
My team is using cucumber now so it would be a great talk for us also.
-Matt