Book Club is choosing it's next Book

Dustin Zeisler

Apr 21, 2015, 1:01:00 AM4/21/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to gauge interest in choosing the next book for the Ruby Bookclub. We are planning on starting a new book May 5th. This event is recurring every Wednesday at 6pm - 8pm at Renewable Funding. The group has chosen 3 books, please vote for which you would be interested in and could attend the meeting for. We'd love to see some new faces, so come and bring your friends!

1) Ruby Under a Microscope - Pat Shaughnessy
2) Confident Ruby - Avid Grim
3) Design Patterns in Ruby - Russ Olsen

Jason Dinsmore

Apr 22, 2015, 2:24:19 PM4/22/15
to Dustin Zeisler, pdx...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dustin/group:

All three books you mentioned look really good. I started on Confident Ruby a while back and what I read was great.

That said, my work has been super busy lately and I doubt I’ll be able to make it to many meetings (won’t be able to make it tonight for example).

I have really enjoyed the meetings I’ve been able to attend and hope to join up again once things slow down if they’re still happening.

Best,
Jason

Harper

Apr 23, 2015, 12:32:25 PM4/23/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
I vote for Ruby Under a Microscope. Downside: I know I said one of the things I'd like out of a book club is the chance to disagree with the author and poke holes in their ideas, and that can't really be done with a technical book like R.U.M...

I'm trying to start some conversation over what people thought of POODR as a whole in pdxruby-booklub.

Dustin Zeisler

Apr 29, 2015, 10:21:57 AM4/29/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
The votes are in and we are choosing Confident Ruby by Avid Grim. The first meeting will be Wednesday May 6th at Renewable Funding. See you all there, it's going to be exciting.

Calagator Event