Meeting, Tomorrow, 9/6/16~!

Lauren Voswinkel

Sep 5, 2016, 7:23:45 PM9/5/16
to pdxruby
Tomorrow is the September PDX Ruby meetup~!

This month we're doing something a little different!

We're going to have a panel of senior ruby developers who will answer any questions relating to ruby, getting into tech, things to focus on to amp up your ruby career or whatever else (that's relevant...) that may come to your mind. As such, we definitely recommend coming Tuesday if you're new to the tech community. Even if you're not new, there's still always new things to learn and ask.

The Senior Panel includes:
Brent Miller - 11 years as a Ruby developer, Principal Architect & Engineer @ New Relic
Sam Livingston-Gray - 10 years as a Ruby developer, Senior Engineer @ Realgeeks.com, Part of the Ruby Rogues podcast
Jesse Cooke - 9 years, Team Lead at InQuicker/Stericycle, contributor to Rubinius, Maglev and JRuby

This said, I also have a bit an announcement and a primer about an ongoing activity that I'd like to start running regularly at meetings.

So please come on down to the 29th floor of the Bancorp tower and join us~!

~ Lauren V.

Melanie Robertson

Sep 6, 2016, 4:19:52 PM9/6/16
to pdxruby
Hi Lauren, sounds like a good lineup for tonight.  Will there be social time starting at 6pm tonight?  Also, my team has job openings for ruby developers.  Is there a time for announcements like that - essentially we have openings and talk with me afterwards to get more information.
- Melanie

Sam Livingston-Gray

Sep 6, 2016, 5:20:40 PM9/6/16
to Melanie Robertson, pdxruby
Yes, there will be social time from 6pm until whenever Lauren gets us started.  Opening remarks typically include an opportunity for anyone in the room to make announcements; please do tell us about your jobs then!

-Sam