MEETING: Tuesday, Dec 1st, 6-10pm at New Relic

Kirsten Comandich

Nov 24, 2015, 7:34:56 PM11/24/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
[ Add this event to your calendar: http://calagator.org/events/1250469003 ]

Thanksgiving greetings! We have a meeting next week!

Presentations at 7pm

No one is scheduled yet, so -- Do you have an idea for a presentation or lightning talk? Perhaps a group discussion about the latest things people have been working on in Ruby? We'd like to hear from you!

Lightning Talks ⚡
There will be a whiteboard to sign up on arrival (first come first serve).

We'll have pizza, snacks & beer starting at 6pm, so stop by early if you want to have dinner and socialize before the presentations.

Thank you to New Relic for providing the venue and beer, pizza & snacks this month! New Relic's meeting space is on the 29th floor of the US Bank tower, 111 SW 5th Avenue, Suite 2900, Portland, Oregon 97204. The elevators should be unlocked after 6pm.

See you there!

###

The Portland Ruby Brigade is a user group for Ruby programmers in the Portland Oregon area. Join other developers for presentations and discussions about Ruby and its uses. Meetings are usually on the first Tuesday of the month.

Kirsten Comandich

Dec 1, 2015, 12:06:14 PM12/1/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Our meeting is tonight!

Jason Clark has offered to give his talk from RubyConf, but we still have time for another talk, plus lightning talks.

Jason Clark - GDB: A Gentle Intro
We love Ruby’s elegance, simplicity, and flexibility. But our favorite language perches atop a world of native code. When that other world intrudes on your peaceful Ruby, GDB, the venerable GNU debugger, is the tool to turn to.

We’ll examine setting up Ruby to work with GDB. We’ll learn the fundamental commands, and soon you’ll be debugging with ease. We’ll even peer deep into Ruby object internals and face down crashes, deadlocks, and bugs.

Whether you’re writing a native gem, hacking the Ruby VM, or just want a glimpse of the layers below, this talk is for you!

Kirsten Comandich

Dec 1, 2015, 5:15:41 PM12/1/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
And if someone is willing to record the meeting (could just be video on your phone), we'd appreciate it! Our regular volunteer recorders Joey & Rico are out of town this month.