Portland Greenpeace office looking for laptop donations!

Christopher Kuttruff

Oct 4, 2015, 4:52:30 PM10/4/15
to pdxruby
Hi all,

For those of you not familiar with Greenpeace, we are an environmental org fighting against deforestation, irresponsible fossil fuel projects, unsustainable fishing and agricultural practices, etc.

We are entirely independent - funded by members and not corporations or governments.

Our grassroots organizing office right here in Portland is working to stop a proposed coal export terminal project in Longview, WA which plans to ship 44 million tons of coal a year to countries like China and India.  The Longview community already suffers from some of the highest rates of asthma, COPD, cancer, etc due to coal trains already going through the area.

Our grassroots office badly needs laptops in order to do phone banking, tabling, research, etc.
We plan to run a lightweight version of linux, so even older laptops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much for your time and consideration; I wanted to reach out to this list because I have known many incredible rubyists in the Portland area who care immensely for environmental / social justice issues.
I very much appreciate this community, and your donations will definitely be going to great use!

-Chris
kutt...@gmail.com

If you're interested in general volunteering, please let me know and I will send you information about our next meeting, relevant facebook group page, etc.

Dave Miller

Oct 5, 2015, 10:10:35 PM10/5/15
to Christopher Kuttruff, pdxruby
Hi Christopher,