Ruby Book Club: Next Book - Clean Ruby

Dustin Zeisler

Oct 21, 2015, 5:12:07 PM10/21/15
to pdxruby
It's time to start a new book and this time we've chosen "Clean Ruby" by Jim Gay.

Wednesday 6–7:30pm until we finish the book.

Pizza will be provider thanks to Renew Financial.
http://calagator.org/events/1250469276

Book Summary

* Learn to think about thinking. At the basis of every program lies a human being's mental model. Creating a program which accurately reflects a shared mental model is crucial to building habitable and maintainable systems.

* East-oriented code. Learn how to better understand encapsulation and create code which enforces that the right objects have the right responsibilities.

* Data, Context, and Interaction (DCI). Discover ways to flatten your object structure and create highly cohesive groups of objects that keep related things together, right where you need them.
Message has been deleted

Dustin Zeisler

Oct 22, 2015, 10:06:54 AM10/22/15
to Joe Cohen, pdxruby

 We will be discussing chapters 1-3. ('Introduction' to 'Object Orientation')
On Thursday, October 22, 2015, Joe Cohen <jdcoh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any suggested reading for the 1st meeting?

Chris Hough

Oct 22, 2015, 11:45:47 AM10/22/15
to pdxruby
Can we have data posted about this in our slack room?

It seems like a far easier place to have this discussion.  Do you want to setup a bookclub room?

Chris Hough

Oct 22, 2015, 9:51:22 PM10/22/15
to pdxruby
Heya Dustin,

I setup the room #book-club in our slack room for cross posting of this.

Do you want to post it there for the slack users?