PDXrb meetup reminder: Tuesday May 1st 6pm at New Relic downtown 27th floor

Tim Loudon

Apr 17, 2018, 1:52:35 AM4/17/18
to pdxruby
Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that our next meetup is coming up soon!  We’ve got Jared White and Chris Krailo.

Jared will give an overview of Webpack, Webpack + Rails, and detail how you can take your app to the next level with Stimulus JS and Turbolinks.

Chris has a nifty talk that is distilled from a half-dozen books and personal experience--these notes revisit the finer nuance of working well with others, building strong teams, and maximizing our non-coding skills.

Talks will start at 6:30.  Be sure to give yourself enough time for parking/sign-in/pizza/drinks!

We are aiming to finish by 8:30.  There will be more socializing afterward at Bailey's Taproom (2 minute walk from New Relic).

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,
tim

Tim Loudon

Apr 26, 2018, 12:55:35 PM4/26/18
to pdxruby
HOLY COW FOLKS!  MEETUP IS THIS COMING TUESDAY!!!

Remember: Tuesday May 1st, 6pm @ New Relic, 111 SW 5th Ave, 27th fl.  Talks start at 6:30.

So, we have a couple of really solid, complimentary talks.

Jared White will be talking about Stimulus JS, Webpack, and Turbolinks; great skills to add to your arsenal that will allow you to enhance existing applications or present an alternative to say going full React (as in you have more viable options--please, by all means, SPA if you want to SPA).

Chris Krailo is going to help us step away from the code and focus on some other key skills to being a great developer/manager/CTO (although critical it's more than soft/people skills, folks).

After the talks, we will be heading over to Bailey's Taproom around 8:30.  Should be a nice conducive space to chatting and networking--if you are looking for devs or work; I recommend going.

As always, hope to see you there!
tim