Potential Activity/Talk Ideas for 9/6

Lauren Voswinkel

Aug 14, 2016, 4:45:02 PM8/14/16
to pdxruby
Hey all,
I figured I would reach out and see if I couldn't drum up ideas for talks or activities at our next meetup.

One thing that I was thinking was the potential for a panel of more senior rubyists willing to answer any and all questions people might have about code or being a rubyist in general... kind of a newbie -> senior forum...

Barring that, it might be interesting to do some type of group exercise where people split off into small groups to tackle a small problem, or some type of refactoring and we then have the groups discuss why they made certain choices that they did, or what could have been approached better.

I think specifically targeting newer code school graduates or people just new to the field might be a great way to encourage new participation.

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts or comments, they're all very much welcome here. This also includes anyone volunteering to give a talk if they have one brewing.

 If I don't hear anything back, I'll start thinking up ideas about what the refactoring activity/discussion would look like.

Thanks all~!

~ Lauren

Sam Livingston-Gray

Aug 14, 2016, 4:51:05 PM8/14/16
to Lauren Voswinkel, pdxruby
Those ideas sound great! I'd show up for either.

--
(Sent from phone. Please excuse: brevity, top posting, hilarious autocorrections.)

Jesse Cooke

Aug 14, 2016, 6:49:02 PM8/14/16
to Sam Livingston-Gray, Lauren Voswinkel, pdxruby