[JOB] Ruby on Rails Mentor to Students Around the World

bl...@careerfoundry.com

Mar 31, 2015, 12:32:17 PM3/31/15
to pdx...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, pdxruby,

My name is Blake Farha, and I'm the Mentor advisor for CareerFoundry, a small, well funded education startup based in Berlin, Germany.

We offer online, mentored courses in web development and UX Design in a flexible, online, self-paced learning environment.  With students from Hawaii to Australia and everywhere in between, we are looking for mentors all over the world to help guide our students on their way to becoming developers and designers.

Through our courses and mentor program we strive to get eager learners up to an employable standard quickly and effectively in order to help open up career opportunities for them in the tech community.

Our web development course is a full stack course covering the front-end, and the back end with a huge focus on Ruby on Rails.  Check out the course plan and curriculum here.

As a mentor at CareerFoundry you will help guide students through:

  • Regularly reviewing student exercises submitted through the CareerFoundry platform
  • Code reviews and checking for fundamental understanding of concepts
  • Weekly or biweekly 1h Skype calls to discuss student projects in depth
  • Sharing industry best practices and career insights
What we're looking for:
  • 3+ years of Front-End Web Development experience
  • 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience
  • Interest in mentoring, and a desire to help others
  • Friendly and outgoing personality
  • Previous mentoring experience a plus
What we offer:
  • Flexibility - Choose your availability, how many students you'd like, and mentor anywhere, anytime as long as you've got internet
  • Add mentoring to your skillset and CV/Resume
  • Help students succeed, and directly impact their personal growth
  • Join a community of top notch mentors worldwide
For more information, you can visit www.careerfoundry.com/mentoring

If you're interested, please email me directly at bl...@careerfoundry.com with a Resume, any links to your professional sites like LinkedIn or Github, and a brief cover letter explaining why you'd like to mentor Web Development students.

Thanks!

Blake Farha