RAFFLE: one free copy of "99 Bottles of OOP"!

Sam Livingston-Gray

Sep 7, 2016, 3:26:54 PM9/7/16
to Portland Ruby Brigade
For those who aren't already members of the Cult of POODR:  "99 Bottles of OOP" is a new ebook by the amazing Sandi Metz and the equally amazing Katrina Owen.  It's three years in the making and still in beta, and even though I'm only on chapter 1, I expect it to be worth the $49 I spent on it many times over.

I was hoping to get it in time to give away last night, but I now have a promo code good for one free copy of the book.  I'll raffle it off here as a not-so-subtle reminder that we still have a mailing list.  :)

TO ENTER THE RAFFLE:  reply to this email OFF-LIST.  (Hint: there's a difference between "reply" and "reply all"!)  I'll wait until at least noon on Friday, then select a winner at random from all replies received at that time.

If you don't win, but still want the book even though you're short on cash, do keep in mind that you can get it for the cost of a postcard and a little bit of time:  http://www.sandimetz.com/99bottles/postcard

Happy hacking,
-Sam

Sam Livingston-Gray

Sep 9, 2016, 5:22:51 PM9/9/16
to Portland Ruby Brigade
The raffle prize has been awarded!  For the curious:  six people entered, which means that (a) your odds of winning something like this are probably rather good, and (b) y'all don't pay much attention to your email.  [Not you fine folks who are reading this, of course.   I mean those *other* lurkers.]  ;)

Happy hacking,
-Sam