CTRL-H as embassy(venue) for 'the wrong' digital art biennial ?

jon v

Oct 19, 2015, 6:06:44 PM10/19/15
to PDX Hackerspace
wondering if anyone has any desire to host event(s) and/or display art from this seemingly kinda vague and/or interesting digital art biennial, called the wronghttp://thewrong.org/

the details are not 100% clear, but it seems like an "embassy" would need to be open to the public, and host for (minimum) one week of open time showing art.  it doesnt seem like they would be too strict on that (hours per day? etc) -- and it also is unclear if really anyone would show up. :)   but it sounds sort of interesting.  not sure how it would work (if at all) at ctrl-h, but i thought of it as a possible venue.  embassy/hosts also (it seems) get to curate locally-chosen stuff as well, so would be a chance to get some stuff up from portland folks.  i spoke to the organizers and they are still accepting embassies.  [open call to be an embassy]

i would be interested in helping out if this appeals to anyone, and/or if ctrl-h could be a venu.  not sure of the feasibility/permittability of that.  but just throwing this out there in case it piques anyones interest!

Jon Hannis

Oct 19, 2015, 6:11:57 PM10/19/15
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it will work this year, but maybe next year. I'll talk to Mitch about it when he comes up for a visit in a few weeks. Noisebridge is signed up as an embasy, so I bet he has some useful information.

Jon