Webinar: Embedded Software for Automotive Ethernet Support

Brett Atkins

Apr 9, 2015, 4:12:36 PM4/9/15
to pdxhackerspace
Mentor Graphics is doing another Webinar, this one on Ethernet in vehicles. While it's not not as juicy as Security in Industrial Control Systems, it will likely have information on the protocols and best practices being employed in vehicular information systems.

Specifically the description mentions "Some automotive-specific enhancements have been made to help with the traditional timing limitations of the existing Ethernet collision-based protocol" which may be open to some interesting applications.

The full description is below:

Ethernet has long been present in the computing world as a low cost and high speed interface for networked computers. Car makers have now adopted Ethernet, to cover a wide range of in-vehicle applications, such as diagnostics, multi-media, surround cameras, ADAS functions, ECU Gateway backbones and more. Some automotive-specific enhancements have been made to help with the traditional timing limitations of the existing Ethernet collision-based protocol.

What You Will Learn

  • What are the use-cases for Ethernet in a vehicle?
  • How to move communication from other protocols to Ethernet
  • How AUTOSAR and Ethernet networks work together
  • Use cases such as DOIP (Diagnostics over IP) and AVB (Audio-Video Bridging)
There are two scheduled times for the webinar, on the 16th and the 30th.
The link to register is: http://go.mentor.com/455xx

As always, if these become useless or annoying, I'll stop posting them.

I'll see some of you tonight, and in the other email I'm sending today.

Regards,
Brett Atkins