Planer Still Broken

Michael Mulich

Jan 6, 2018, 1:32:29 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
Hello all!

I've installed the belt on the Dewalt DW733 Planer. Yes it is fixed, but
it is STILL BROKEN.

Actually, I'm recommending nobody use it in the interim even though it
is slightly functional. The blades are in horrible shape, which is
likely why the belt gave out rather than hanging on a bit longer.

I'll be looking into sharpening the blades and/or coordinating with Jon
about ordering new ones. I'll make a followup email to the group when
I've completed this task. (note to self, put a note on the machine
regarding the last time the blades were sharpened.)

Some bad news... I was plugged into the power strip on the drill press
wall on my initial test after the belt installation. At that time I
didn't know the blades were butter knife quality, so my planing board
jammed and blew the power strip. Sorry about that, as I know it was just
installed. :(

PS The wood shop is looking really good in the past week. Keep up the
good work!

-Michael Mulich

Matt Harrington

Jan 6, 2018, 1:46:52 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
Reactions in order

:)
:(
:o - which strip, the one in front or in back of the back board?
:)

Michael Mulich

Jan 6, 2018, 2:08:43 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com

The now non-functioning power strip is mounted high on the front of the board that holds the drill bits.

-Michael Mulich