Is anyone interested in a class on using all of the tools in the wood shop?

Matt Harrington

Jan 5, 2018, 9:05:44 PM1/5/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
I get the feeling that people enjoy woodworking  but don’t always have the confidence to try things out. Would it be useful to have a learning session in the wood shop, either during the typical Friday evening spot or another time?  Let me know and I will put something together. This would be for members only.

Michael Mulich

Jan 6, 2018, 1:31:27 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com

Good idea!

What do you think of this idea in addition? I've been thinking about putting QR codes on various machines that point to ^H's github wiki pages. The wiki pages could provide useful information about usage (e.g. links to YouTube tutorial videos) and maintenance. Thoughts?

-Michael Mulich

On 1/5/18 18:05, Matt Harrington wrote:
I get the feeling that people enjoy woodworking  but don’t always have the confidence to try things out. Would it be useful to have a learning session in the wood shop, either during the typical Friday evening spot or another time?  Let me know and I will put something together. This would be for members only.

Matt Harrington

Jan 6, 2018, 1:43:51 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
Yea that’s cool. I am hesitant to use the wiki on zuul tho. Do we have another more accessible location?

Jon Hannis

Jan 6, 2018, 2:08:03 PM1/6/18
to pdxhack...@googlegroups.com
We can do QR codes, or, there's also the kik.to url shortener, created by one of our members. (an example is kik.to/kF)

Here's a more accessible location. Feel free to create pull requests: https://github.com/pdxhs/equipment

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 10:31 Michael Mulich <michael...@gmail.com> wrote:

Good idea!

What do you think of this idea in addition? I've been thinking about putting QR codes on various machines that point to ^H's github wiki pages. The wiki pages could provide useful information about usage (e.g. links to YouTube tutorial videos) and maintenance. Thoughts?

-Michael Mulich

On 1/5/18 18:05, Matt Harrington wrote:
I get the feeling that people enjoy woodworking  but don’t always have the confidence to try things out. Would it be useful to have a learning session in the wood shop, either during the typical Friday evening spot or another time?  Let me know and I will put something together. This would be for members only.

Matt Harrington

Justin Patrizi

Jan 6, 2018, 3:14:47 PM1/6/18
to PDX Hackerspace
Absolutely! QR codes to the wiki/github are a good idea too...I'd like an instructor-led orientation, and the reference wiki to refer back to