January meeting

Robert Brehm

Jan 8, 2013, 9:48:24 AM1/8/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, group,  Is there going to be a January meeting?  Regards,  Bob

Todd Johnson

Jan 8, 2013, 6:26:17 PM1/8/13
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Yep. January 23rd, Soren Macbeth, chief data scientist at Yieldbot, StockTwits co-founder and hilarious tweeter, is going to present on "the various problem and solutions that we've run into at Yieldbot running Hadoop on AWS in the various configuration that we've used over the years. I'll be focusing on a lot of the weird edge cases that are specific to running in AWS."

Should be a fun talk, more technical and Hadoopy than we've had in a while.

In February, Cloudera is coming to do a technical deep-dive on Impala.

I'll get this stuff on Calagator in a bit.

todd.