No meeting for August

Todd Johnson

Aug 22, 2012, 11:12:14 AM8/22/12
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Just a heads up, no meeting for August. Hope to see everyone in September.

todd.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Aug 22, 2012, 12:28:37 PM8/22/12
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
Speaking of which, it now looks like the R group *is* meeting the same
Wednesday we usually meet. They're meeting tonight, in fact. They were
meeting on Tuesdays as I recall. I'll ask about the switch tonight and
see what happened.

--
Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism Publishers
Workbench: http://j.mp/QCsXOr

How the Hell can the lion sleep with all those people singing "A weem
oh way!" at the top of their lungs?

William R. Taylor

Aug 22, 2012, 6:55:31 PM8/22/12
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
We appreciate you checking into the R meeting time. Will be good to know.

Regarding related groups, was a great PDX Quantified Self meeting recently. Post meetup chat of potential data hack evenings. QS is of course lots of discussion around tracking but the group is definitely starting to talk more explicitly about storage, learning etc. at scale. Could be interesting future source of talk/project ideas etc.

Thanks again.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Aug 23, 2012, 1:09:14 AM8/23/12
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 3:55 PM, William R. Taylor
<ma...@williamrtaylor.com> wrote:
> We appreciate you checking into the R meeting time. Will be good to know.
>
> Regarding related groups, was a great PDX Quantified Self meeting recently.
> Post meetup chat of potential data hack evenings. QS is of course lots of
> discussion around tracking but the group is definitely starting to talk more
> explicitly about storage, learning etc. at scale. Could be interesting
> future source of talk/project ideas etc.

Yeah, Quantified Self is definitely an idea whose time has come.
(greater than the tread of mighty armies and all that) ;-)

JustinK

Sep 7, 2012, 5:07:21 PM9/7/12
to pdx-...@googlegroups.com
todd,

Can I interest your members in a speaker from Cloudera? There will lots of interesting things to talk about post-Hadoop World (late October).

In fact: I'd like to offer any of your members interested in attending Strata + Hadoop World a 20% registration discount. Use discount code "CLOUDERA" here: http://oreil.ly/LDiAco1

LMK,

Justin Kestelyn
Developer Community Outreach for Cloudera