can't run PHPUnit in a composer/symfony project in eclipse luna

Thomas Koch

Jul 3, 2014, 8:08:16 AM7/3/14
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've installed PHPUnit via composer in a Symfony 2.4 project:

```
"require-dev" : {
"sensio/generator-bundle" : "~2.3",
"phpunit/phpunit" : "~4.0",
"squizlabs/php_codesniffer" : "2.0.*@dev"
},
```

Now I'd like to run one test that extends
\Symfony\Bundle\FrameworkBundle\Test\WebTestCase: right-click in PHP
Explorer, PHP Tools->PHPUnit->Run PHPUnit Test

Results in PHPUnit showing of in the Progress view without making any
progress and the line Run Test: $PATH/TO/MY/PHPFile.php

And some seconds later:

An internal error occurred during: "PHPUnit".
java.lang.StackOverflowError

strace shows that the WebTestCase.php file is lstat'ed and lopen'ed in a loop.

In the preferences I added app/autoload.php as the Bootstrap file and the
debian PHP 5.4 cli /usr/bin/php as executable.

I also installed the phpunit debian package, defined /usr/share/php as a pear
library named "PEAR" and selected this pear library in the PHPUnit-Eclipse
config without success.

Thank you for any hints,

Thomas Koch