GSOC 2015: Contribute Composer Plugin to PDT

Thomas Gossmann

Mar 8, 2015, 7:23:21 PM3/8/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

Google Summer of Code is announced and I probably have the idea to contribute the Composer Plugin to PDT. I'm mostly responsible for the Composer Plugin. The plugin itself is waiting some additions [1], that I'd like to add, too.

To summarize them: We install helpers that we run from the command line but would be cool to run them out of the IDE itself, e.g. phpunit. There should be no difference between running them from CLI or IDE. Some of them are installed through composer and I'd like to provide a framework, so these tools can be used in PDT (and if necessary installed). You may think about a phpunit plugin and if not installed the user gets asked if phpunit should be installed system-wide or per project and then be used that way.

The composer plugin also provides the required meta-information for a project to accurately utilize the "new Class/Interface/Trait" dialogs. That would be a great enhancement as well to move them into PDT as well from PEX.

However, Composer + PEX is not completely done by me, I cannot decide this on my own. So, I'm kindly asking you ...
... about this idea in general
... whether you would give your ok, that parts of your code would - given this project comes alive - contributed to eclipse under their terms
... zulus as head of PDT about this and if there is a mentor for this project.

Thanks a lot

P.S. There is a deadline, project needs to be placed by 16th of march (there is a little hurry, yes - I'm sorry for reacting late)

[1] https://github.com/pulse00/Composer-Eclipse-Plugin/issues

rob...@dubture.com

Mar 9, 2015, 5:42:23 AM3/9/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

sound like a good idea!

If you need anything for the initial GOC application where i could help, let me know.

cheers

-robert

zulus

Mar 9, 2015, 6:52:31 AM3/9/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I also like this idea. I can be a mentor off course ;)
If everybody agree, you can open official discussion on pdt-dev.

Marek Maksimczyk

Mar 9, 2015, 10:35:21 AM3/9/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
For me it's fine.

Best regards,
Marek Maksimczyk

Thomas Gossmann

Mar 10, 2015, 4:17:19 PM3/10/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Guys,

I think, because there is a little hurry, whom do I need to reach out too as well?

Thanks
gossi

KUBO Atsuhiro

Mar 10, 2015, 10:00:21 PM3/10/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I absolutely agree.

--
KUBO Atsuhiro e-mail: ku...@iteman.jp

zulus

Mar 27, 2015, 5:45:12 AM3/27/15
to pdt-extensi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today is last day to send application to GSoC: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015

zulus

May 28, 2016, 5:30:51 PM5/28/16
to PDT Extensions Platform
All composer eclipse plugin and composer java bindings contributors, please add +1 to this github thread: https://github.com/pulse00/Composer-Eclipse-Plugin/issues/131

I need it for IP process.

BTW: After IP legal process (for community and Zend plugins) we will start  "mix" process ;)

zulus

Sep 7, 2016, 10:52:06 AM9/7/16
to PDT Extensions Platform
To keep all informed. Community composer support has been merged to PDT in last week and become main PDT implementation :D

Merged version is a little bit changed in compare to original one:
1. Third party JSON editor is no longer dependency (I personally save over 300mb of ram after remove it!)
2. com.dubture.composer.feature have com.eclipse.php.composer in dependency to allow simple migration.
3. Composer integration with PEX new class wizards has been moved to PEX Core-Plugin for now.
4. Composer integration will no be published as part of Neon.1 repository (it's a little bit too late). Will be part of PDT 4.1 p2 and marketplace entry. We plan add it to neon repository and PHP package since Neon.2 (after ~3 months).
5. Some lib dependencies has been removed.