Viewing encrypted linearised (fast web view) PDF

Glen Davies

Nov 14, 2016, 9:00:44 PM11/14/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi

I have webviewer working with large linearised pdf, and it works as expected. However some of the PDFs are password encrypted. With these ones webviewer prompts for the password ok, and in the background issues all the byte range requests, but when the password has been entered all the document pages just show the loading spinner icon.

If I save these documents with fast web view turned off then webviewer prompts for password and displays the document fine - but of course without any byte range loading.

Is it at all possible for webviewer to handle encrypted linearised pdfs?

Also, is it possible to hand a password to webviewer rather than have the user enter it?

Thanks
Glen

Matt Parizeau

Nov 15, 2016, 7:06:27 PM11/15/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the report, we've been able to reproduce the issue and are currently investigating. We'll let you know when we have more information.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Matt Parizeau

Nov 17, 2016, 7:58:49 PM11/17/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Glen,

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Glen Davies

Nov 22, 2016, 1:09:53 PM11/22/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Great - seems to be working fine with that build. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

Glen

Glen Davies

Dec 5, 2016, 2:19:26 PM12/5/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi

As mentioned this build fixed the issue with encrypted linearized pdfs, but the loading of PDFNet.js has changed in this build which has broken some of our other setup.

We are initializing PDFNet in config.js after we get a documentLoaded event with  PDFNet.initialize().then(...

This was possible it seems as in the previous build ControlUtils.js loads PDFNet.js with

files.unshift("pdf/PDFNet.js");

at around line 200, but this is gone from this new build, and also PDFNet.js does not exist in pdf folder of new build.

How can we include PDFNet.js and initialise it with this new build?

Thanks
Glen

Matt Parizeau

Dec 6, 2016, 7:20:54 PM12/6/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Glen,

It looks like you're using the full build and I had sent you the lean build. Here's a link to the full build which will have PDFNet.js http://www.pdftron.com/ID-zJWLuhTffd3c/WebViewer/PDFNetJSFull_2.2.1.52904.zip

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Glen Davies