iOS10 Cordova > Bugs

Michael Lee

Sep 21, 2016, 1:01:29 PM9/21/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Reporting iOS10 issues here as we discover them (same code works 100% on prior iOS versions):

1. Intermittent failure on initialisation
1.1. ControlUtils.js:191 "Config script could not be loaded. The default configuration will be used."

2. Crash on loading document with annotations
2.1. Exit and load document 5x crashes the application
2.1.1. We will investigate to cleanup the DOM, however this did not present on earlier iOS versions

Will update this thread as we progress.

Would be good to obtain insight from PDFTron testing for this platform in parallel, if possible.

Matt Parizeau

Sep 22, 2016, 6:56:02 PM9/22/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
To get the error that is causing the config script not to load you can modify a line in ControlUtils.js. Find the function loadConfigScript and change the console.warn call to be:
console.warn("Config script could not be loaded. The default configuration will be used.\n" + exception);

This should hopefully give you a better idea of what's causing the config script to fail. We'll be including that change by default in newer WebViewer versions.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Michael Lee

Sep 23, 2016, 12:53:08 PM9/23/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Thanks Matt, that enabled us to debug the intermittent problem:

We passed data to the iframe on iframe 'load' event, however now make data available in parent scope and have iframe reference that.

Re: iOS10 crashing

We cleanup the DOM iframe and parent container using jQuery to no-avail.
Will update this thread when we obtain more insight into crashes.

Mike