Some pages stuck on preview (blurry)

Michael Lee

Dec 16, 2016, 12:58:14 PM12/16/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

Re: iOS UIWebView

We notice intermittently, a Document page will be stuck in preview, blurry.

The User has to re-initialise WebViewer to resolve.

Q. Do you have any pointers to debug further or can you shed any light on this ?

Regards

Mike

Matt Parizeau

Dec 16, 2016, 1:42:07 PM12/16/16
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Mike,

Do you have any steps to reproduce the problem? Does the problem go away if you use the scrollbar on the bottom to change pages?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Michael Lee

Jan 23, 2017, 12:12:16 PM1/23/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Matt,

In subsequent testing, the pattern is random and using scroll-bars does not resolve the view past the initial preview state.

Will shed more light as it comes to hand.

Mike

Michael Lee

Feb 20, 2017, 2:16:00 PM2/20/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
We are using CoreControls.PartRetrievers.LocalPartRetriever class and custom encryption.

Mike

Michael Lee

Feb 20, 2017, 2:16:01 PM2/20/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
In cases where annotations exist, they are not rendered either.

Mike

Michael Lee

Mar 14, 2017, 6:43:03 PM3/14/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Q. Do you have any pointers to debugging this ?

We catch errors, however none present in the console; Would be good to get direction on where to litter debug, or to enable a logged debug mode.

Mike

Matt Parizeau

Mar 15, 2017, 7:55:52 PM3/15/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Mike,

That's strange there aren't any errors in the console after you see the issue. You could try adding logging in MobileReaderControl.js in the pageComplete handler. See if it's taking a certain path for the page that fails to load or maybe it's not hitting that handler at all. Other than that it's hard to say without any error message or conditions to reproduce the problem.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.