Export only (form) fields

Volker Andres

Jun 21, 2017, 12:11:28 PM6/21/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi,

With version 2.2.2 I could export all fields with this code:

me.annotationManager.exportAnnotations({widgets: false, links: false, annotList: []})

Now with 3.0, the returned XML string doesn't contain the fields anymore. I can go without the "annotList: []", but then I have all the Annotations of the document. So my question is, how do I get only the fields as xml? Or is there now another way to handle form inputs, so that I can synchronize them with a server?

Best Regards,
Volker

Justin Jung

Jun 21, 2017, 3:55:58 PM6/21/17
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Volker Andres
Hello Volker,

You can add fields: true option in your object. This will add the fields to the xfdf that's returned.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Volker Andres

Jun 22, 2017, 11:52:56 AM6/22/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Thank you, it works. Maybe it would be nice to add this to the docu.

Justin Jung

Jun 23, 2017, 3:22:57 PM6/23/17
to PDFTron WebViewer on behalf of Volker Andres
Glad to hear it works!
We've updated the documentation for the next version.