Document leads to crash when opened simultaneously in two instances

Christian Gruber

Mar 5, 2018, 12:59:18 PM3/5/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hey,

due to special requirements, we embed two instances of the Universal WebViewer in a single webpage.

Everything works fine, there never occured any problem, all documents are display independently in each instance.

Today we received a new document that caused the entire web page to crash - no interaction was possible anymore (freeze).

When I excluded one WebViewer instance so that only one unit was in operaton, the document was loaded without any problem.

Attached you find the problematic document as PDF and converted to XOD (by PDFNet Java). Please note that the document is loaded as XOD because we use the Universal WebViewer version (3.1).

Greets

Christian

bad-document.xod
bad-document.pdf

Matt Parizeau

Mar 6, 2018, 4:25:21 PM3/6/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Christian,

I'm having trouble reproducing the issue with loading your XOD file in two WebViewer instances on the same page. I tested this by modifying the webviewer-controls sample included with the WebViewer download package and it loads the documents fine. Does it happen consistently in every browser?

Maybe it has to do with a customization on your end? Would you be able to send a sample project that reproduces the problem?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Christian Gruber

Mar 7, 2018, 12:53:56 PM3/7/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
The fault is on our side. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Christian Gruber

Mar 7, 2018, 12:53:59 PM3/7/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Ok, now I found out that the error disappears when commenting out:

CoreControls.setAdvancedImageScaling(true)

which is called in each instance once the WebViewer is initialized.

Matt Parizeau

Mar 8, 2018, 1:17:57 PM3/8/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
I'm still having trouble reproducing the problem even with that call inside a config file. Again I modified the webviewer-controls sample, created another WebViewer instance and used a config file with the setAdvancedImageScaling call. I tried different combinations of one or both viewers with the bad document and one or both with the config file and each time the documents loaded without issue.

Would you be able to send me HTML and JS files that you can use to reproduce the problem?

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.