critical issue for annotations rendering

hammer ren

Sep 5, 2017, 12:01:49 PM9/5/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
By using the latest version of WebViewer, we use PDFNetJS for desktop viewing and universal XOD viewer for mobile device. Which means we have to convert documents to xod and send it cross for viewing from mobile device.

We've found a critical issue with our current setup. All the annotations we've done from mobile device are not able to locate correctly when we viewed them from desktop device, and vice versa.

Please see attached screenshots.

Justin Jung

Sep 5, 2017, 7:16:42 PM9/5/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

Can you send us the xod, pdf and xfdf of the document with those annotations?
We can take a look and see what's going on.

Justin Jung
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

hammer ren

Sep 6, 2017, 12:26:00 AM9/6/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
In order to provide all details, I've re-done the process and attached all files here.
  • Original image file: fish.png
  • xod converted at server side: fish.xod
  • pdf download from webviewer: fish.png.pdf
  • annotation xfdf: fish.xml
Underneath are the screenshots in desktop viewer and mobile viewer (annotations added via mobile viewer):

fish.xod
fish.png.pdf
fish.xml
fish.png

Justin Jung

Sep 7, 2017, 8:05:36 PM9/7/17
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

Thanks for sending the sample documents and xfdf. The issue is related to a difference in how the page size is set for the png in WebViewer and xod that is output during conversion.

The simplest way to make sure that a consistent page size is used is when you have an image that you want to view, your server should first convert it to pdf, and then convert that pdf to xod. Then instead of having WebViewer load the png, you would have it load the converted pdf. Doing it this way will make sure that the page size is the same and the annotations will show up in the correct locations.