Problems with ligatures

Fabian Welz

Apr 12, 2018, 12:59:52 PM4/12/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hello,

we have a document, were ligatures are not correctly copied and displayed in annotations. The "fi"-ligature turns to an "f".

When I open the pdf-file in your showcases at https://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/showcase/ ligatures work correctly so maybe our xod-creation needs to be configured differently?

I can send you the pdf and xod file via email.

Thank you,
Fabian

Matt Parizeau

Apr 12, 2018, 3:29:47 PM4/12/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Fabian,

You can email the XOD and PDF to sup...@pdftron.com.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Matt Parizeau

Apr 19, 2018, 7:04:11 PM4/19/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Fabian,

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.

Fabian Welz

Apr 27, 2018, 1:05:21 PM4/27/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Matt,

thanks, this fixes the issue.

This will be included in the next official release, right? When will this be approximately?

We are trying to decide whether to update to the nightly build, or wait for the next official release.

Thank you.

Matt Parizeau

Apr 27, 2018, 2:42:23 PM4/27/18
to PDFTron WebViewer
Hi Fabian,

The nightly build is based off of our stable 3.2 branch so it should be safe to update to and yes it will be included in the next official release. We don't have a timeline yet for when the next release will be. If there are enough accumulated fixes we may do a minor release sooner, but as of now there is no plan to do this.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.